Rally planned over KY law that's like Florida’s | Crime
COVINGTON, KY (FOX19)- A group of speakers from local organizations in Northern Kentucky will headline a rally in Covington on April 21 that will take on Kentucky’s “Stand Your Ground” law.
The Covington community is invited to convene for a rally to discuss community issues and Kentucky’s Castle Doctrine, which is similar to the Florida law that has been used as a reason not to arrest, and suggested as a defense, in the case of George Zimmerman, who shot Martin in a situation that Zimmerman appeared to have started.
Confirmed guest speakers and performers include:
- Jerome Bowles- President, Northern Kentucky NAACP
- Ms. Bennie Doggett- President, East Side Neighborhood Association
- Bishop Nerrick Jackson-Founder, Grace of God Ministries
- Kris Nevels-Attorney, Nevels Law Office
- Vibe-One-Owner, E.S.A Entertainer/Producer
The rally is scheduled for Saturday, April 21, 2012, at Randolph Park, 8th and Greenup Street, Covington, Kentucky 41011. It will run from 3-5:30 p.m.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.